Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Civic Duty

It's a big day. It's our time to make our voices heard. I'm an ardent believer in our obligation to do our civic duty. Despite a sick kid, I plan to do mine. And of course, I ask that you do yours as well. Today we exercise our right to vote.

Of course, I'm talking about the annual Baltimore Sun Maryland Outstanding Blogs Awards (MOBBIES)! The Land of Bean has been nominated in the Family category. My fellow nominees are an amazing group of bloggers, many of whom I feel privileged to consider friends. So it pains me to say that I want to kick their asses, but I do, I really do. It is an honor to be nominated but it's freaking awesome to win. So I kindly request that you take just a couple of minutes and pop on over to the Baltimore Sun website to vote. You will have to register but it's little more than your email and a password.

Voting will take place between now and November 12 at 5pm. You can vote once in every 24 hour period, so please vote as often as you can! Don't forget to also click Land of Bean for Best Overall Blog! Note: You do not have to reside in Maryland to vote. (Mom, I'm talking to you.) Sadly, I do think you have to be in the United States, so my international friends can not take part.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Click here to vote for my blog ... early and often

Oh yeah, and for all of my American readers, don't forget to vote in our mid-term elections today! It's kinda important.

10 comments:

  1. I'm going for funniest and you can have family. Sound like a deal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done. I just have to whiiiine that the registration process suuuuucked, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you! I voted for you last year and will again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you win! It was so cool when did, last year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for you and...I voted yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on it, mama! Consider the vote...voted...or whatever. I pick you, k?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being nominated! You can count on my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last time I checked, I was at number 5, which is cute, but will never reach the heights of blogging giants like you... I'll get you next time!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!