Monday, March 3, 2008

My Kingdom for a Tooth

Would you believe that our little darling has sprouted a tooth. I didn't believe it myself at first, thinking it's way too early. So, I stuck my finger in there and gosh darned if it isn't a tooth. It's her bottom left front tooth. So far she has been remarkably good natured about it. I've read that some babies have a really tough time with teething and others breeze through it. Of course, I'm praying for the latter, but its a little early to tell which way she'll go.

One less than desirable aspect of the process is that she slobbers, a lot. I used to worry about leaving the house without diapers and such, now it's burp cloths. Most of which have had no use as burp cloths per se, seeing as how she's not much of a burper, but they are now coming into heavy use for chin cleanup.

I do wish I could get a picture of her smiling big enough to show her budding tooth, but that isn't likely so you'll have to take my word for it.

In other news, Sophie took a two hour nap in her crib this afternoon. She didn't even really fuss when I put her in there. She woke up about 40 minutes into it and tossed around a bit and then went right back to sleep. Meanwhile, I took an hour nap myself, and it was fabulous. Her in her bed, me in mine across the hall. And Neil downstairs in the basement making all the noise he wanted to without fear of waking the baby.

She started sleeping on her stomach a few weeks ago. At first this terrified me, with all of the "back is best" propaganda out there for the prevention of SIDS. She has always been a side sleeper, which I didn't love, but I came to accept that babies, just like adults, must have preferred sleeping positions and that is hers. However, when she took it one step further and went all the way on to her stomach, I worried endlessly. I can't even speculate on how many times I have gone in and felt her little body to make sure she was still breathing. She can roll over both directions now, though, so short of strapping her down there's not much I can do about it.

She often sleeps propped up on her knees with her thumb in her mouth. It doesn't look that comfortable to me, but it sure is cute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, baby!