Friday, April 4, 2008

Which Way to Earth?

It must be pretty amazing to be in a world where your greatest discovery this week is your own feet. Sophie spends a lot of time with her right thumb (or whole hand) in her mouth and her other hand holding on to her left foot. I guess just making sure it's still there.

All right. I'm a bit of a sci-fi geek, but I know I'm not the only one who is crazy frakking excited about the return of Battlestar Gallactica tonight. Not to mention the opportunity to say frak all the time. The cliffhangers they left us with at the end of last season, A YEAR AGO, were pretty wild. Is Starbuck alive? Is she a cylon? And what about the four just revealed cylon models? And who is the last one? And does Baltar really think he's Jesus?

I have to admit that when they first announced they were doing a BSG reboot, I was not at all enthused. Pretty much every one of the old TV shows that have been made into new series or movies have been pretty bad. Witness: Starsky and Hutch, Bionic Woman, etc. However, I figured I would give it a go, because it was the Sci-Fi channel, which has some pretty good original programming (Oh, that Richard Dean Anderson). And now I am totally hooked. But they make us wait SOOOO long between seasons. If this show were even the tiniest bit less good, I would stop watching in protest.

Anyways, you know where we'll be tonight at 10pm(!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, baby!