Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Table Topics Tuesday: Dream Vacation

It's been a long time since I've been on a real vacation. Which isn't to say that I haven't traveled, but a real vacation for me is one that involves a passport. My last real vacation was in fall of 2006 when I went to Playa del Carmen with my best friend and one of my oldest and dearest friends. We had a great time, despite the fact that I got sunburned so badly on the first day that I was unable to expose my skin to the sun for the rest of the trip. This meant snorkeling in full clothing. Hiding under umbrellas with SPF 3000. And lets just say that mixing one measly beer and sun poisoning gets you some quality time with el dios porcelano. Whatev. Despite this, it was an amazing trip and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

But that's not my dream vacation right now.

Right now, my dream vacation is Ireland. I have been to pretty much every other western European country. And who could possibly resist the accent? It's so dreamy.

I want to sleep in a castle.


















Enjoy a pint in a pub.
















Kiss the Blarney Stone.
















Stare down the Cliffs of Insanity.
















That's really not so much to ask for, is it? *cough* Fifth anniversary. *cough*

Visit Shannon to see what everyone else is chatting about!


Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Sounds dreamy. I need a vacay in a bad way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That DOES sound dreamy. Of course, right now Motel 6 all by myself sounds dreamy too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I told you that my grandpa went to Ireland with his brother, visiting those castles and even kissing the Blarney stone. He said it was the trip of a lifetime...you should definitely go!

    Hint, hint, Neil...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE going there..... and Scotland too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to Ireland! I loved England, and that was when I was amost 16. I read Wuthering Heights in England so I could get more of a feel for the book. I'm such a geek. My all time favourite vacation spot is Greece... I love Europe. I can't wait to go to Italy and France. I can't believe I've yet to be to those two countries!
    And of course, keeping it close to home... Florida. 3 hour plane ride, amazing resorts, beautiful ocean, my kids are happy, I'm happy, and the shopping. And palm trees. Yup, I love south Florida! :)
    Hope you get to go to Ireland so I can see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds amazing. I wanna go too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been anywhere that requires a passport.

    A tour of Great Britain is my dream vacation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to go there. Heck, ANYwhere in Europe! But especially ones that speak English (to a degree...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be an awesome vacation and an awesome way to celebrate your anniversary!

    Why am I saying awesome so much lately...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my list as well. ALthough someone might need to hold me back from the cliffs of insanity, lol.! Hey! travel is like VERY cheap right now! Now's the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hear you on the vacation! I haven't been on a real vacation in ages either! Not since my little one graced the world with her lovely presence. :-) Ireland sounds lovely--I've been to Ireland, but it's been a while!

    I have very much missed reading your blog! I'm so sorry I've gotten so behind. I'm in a lot of transitions right now, and as a result, I'm so behind on EVERYTHING, especially blogging. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. you had me at 'travel' - I have a case of the World's Worst Wanderlust. AND we had to cancel this summer's long-planned getaway with 6 other families to France (long stupid story)!! So yeah - I'm looking to get away. Scotland is next on my list. Pub is first subsection of said place on said list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You dream big girlfriend! I would love to go to Ireland and anywhere else in Europe....Italy and Spain are some others that would be high on the list if money were no object. "Inconceivable" as it is.....giggle..giggle...:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sold! Sounds like a great vaca. to me;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you plan a trip to Ireland plan on having company because I'm going with you!

    It's one of my dream places to go. Although I would NOT kiss the Blarney Stone. Ick.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!