Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ADD? Yeah you know me.

I'm discovering that I have an increasingly short attention span for excessively long blog posts. Which really bums me out, because often the message and the writing itself are so beautiful. I'm really sorry to all you folks out there writing these eloquent but verbose posts every day (of which I am occasionally guilty, so no finger pointing here). I love your writing and I am super impressed that you can coherently put it together day after day, but sometimes I have trouble reading the last few paragraphs because I can't keep focused. And to further complicate things, I discovered Google Reader a few weeks ago. Since then I have steadily been adding more and more blogs to my list because I just keep finding so many people that are great and I don't want to miss out on anything and Reader makes it so easy. I kept up with it pretty well until the last few days, when I have had some real life stuff (what, real life? pshaw) going on and not nearly the time to spend in Bloggyland and my Reader is starting to fill up. Plus, Blogher ended, so all these folks who weren't posting as much for a week or so while they were away (and, not coincidentally, when I added them), are now back to their regularly schedule programming and I'm in too deep.

So here's my request: give me a short post here and there. I don't want to cramp your style, but I need some blog snacks sometimes. It can't all be seven course blog dinners. Or maybe it can, but then I'd have to seriously cut back on the number of blogs I read and I don't want to do that because I LOVE hearing about all of your lives.

Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. I'm suffering from that a bit too. I often feel like my posts are too succinct compared to others, but that's always how I have written. My last couple of posts have been longer, but I've only posted like one per week. Basically, that's all I can crank out having anklebiters and all. So I'm glad short posts are appreciated and even encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merecat - I often wonder how everyone has time to put together these long posts when almost all of them have small children. Sometimes I do like the longer ones, but other times I need posts that don't require a half hour of my time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh...honesty. So refreshing!

    I tend to be verbose, so I do work on keeping my posts a shorter version of War and Peace. But read mine for tomorrow--Thursday, that is--it's pretty much to the point and with a video that's less than 2 minutes long. (Yes, I wrote it 2 days ago--I'm currently out of town!) Don't out me to everyone, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny--I know whwat you mean, and I am guilty of that sometimes. Sometimes I start writing something and I don't even realize how long it is until it's finished...I guess I wouldn't make a very good editor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to say that I am the same way sometimes, but yet I'm guilty of being verbose in some of my posts. Ugh. Too many good blogs to read! Stop by our blog this week and read some of BOTB's sex talk. Posts are short, full of info, and make for good fun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahem. Cough-Cough.
    I gave you a shout-out today. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JUST kidding. It's TOMORROW, not today. Being out of town messes with my head. No kids to take care of, no house to clean, no meals to make--I am useless. And it's a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me? Yeah, I, too, suffer from the BlogADD ... oooooh, wait, something shiny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you on this. I say make 'um short and sweet and leave 'um coming back for more.

    I will leave a blog sometimes if the post is too long. It's got to be GOOD to be more then 3 paragraphs.

    Can we also ask that people actually use paragraphs?

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!