Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pure Snow!

We enjoyed watching the snow fall yesterday. Other than our trip last week, Sophie hasn't really seen much of the white stuff. It's pretty unusual for Baltimore, really, that we see so little. I shouldn't complain, but as a confirmed winter lover, (probably because I was born in February, did I mention my birthday is just around the corner?) I love snow. I love the way it makes everything look so clean and beautiful. With the exception of those years when we have gotten a lot, like the blizzard of '96 when I got snowed into my apartment for three days. By myself. I ran out of cigarettes and Coke on day two. It got ugly after that. These days, though, I am far more prepared. No more smoking (I know quitting was the best thing I ever did, but I do miss it. Sigh.) and my motherly instincts (such as they are) would never let our supplies or other necessities get so low that a couple of days will cripple us. So when a front comes through, we can just enjoy it.

And we did.















Because no snow post would be complete without it, this is for Lula, who has been feeling poorly the last few days:

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a good relaxing day with some snow. Good day for hot cocoa!

    Free throws are supposed to be easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until Ava's old enough to play in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna come to NH? We're supposed to get 14-16 inches today!! I'm hoping for a little warmer of a place...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is too cute in the snow. I really like that photo of her looking out of the door. And that video is kinda crazy. What movie is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! You finally got some snow! Oh, and btw, I'm a bad momma today..I ran out of rations! (milk) lol. Had to run out in our lousy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks happy in that snow! Glad you got some white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowed in with no Diet Coke. Eeks!

    Glad you can enjoy the snow days these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is a cute snow bunny and that movie, SO funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still amazed that yesterday was considered a snowstorm. I was however glad that everyone was too afraid to drive and I had Wegman's all to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEST MOVIE EVER!!! And you know that's my favorite line in the entire movie. Everyone else is all, "TWO DOLLARS!" but I'm all, "Have you any idea what the street value of this mountain is???"

    I love it. Thank you!

    And girl...I miss smoking, too. Sometimes Vegas calls...or the beach...and I light up. But don't tell anyone. Oh and I will smoke with Jason one day. Robert Pattinson, too. I'm convinced Katee Sackhoff must smoke, as well...she's so badass.

    Sigh...good times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we could use some snow here to cover up this nasty yard so I don't have to look at it. And I LOVE those old John Cusack movies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way the world looks right after or during a snowfall is just breathtaking. I will always remember living in a rural, wooded area of Connecticut and getting to wander around the forest under the tree branches bent low with snow... it was pristine and beautiful.

    But once the plows and cars come out, and the snow turns into a mush of gray on the side of the road... YUCK. I hate it!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!