Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Anxiety, Part 67

We are at t-minus one day until my departure for Chicage for that thing that everyone is sick to death of reading about. Unless you're going, in which case you gobble up every word you can find about it. Especially if you're a first timer like me. Because you don't know exactly what to expect and you're nervous and afraid that no one will know you or want to know you. That everyone will be so caught up in Bloggess sightings that they'll be like, "Cara who? You write a blog about vegetables*? Greeeaat. Oh, you're a mommy blogger. How original." If it weren't for a couple of fabulous ladies, I would probably be approaching hyperventilating anxiety at this point.

When I was in high school, my sister told me that people thought I was a priss. Which is so not me. I mean, sure, I'm a tad uptight about sex and I'm kind of puritanical when it comes to my clothing and yes, I'm a conservative. (gasp!) But I'm totally not a priss. What's that? Textbook definition of priss, you say? Bah. I think it had more to do with the fact that when I'm not smiling, my face falls into a sort of puckery look. So to my blog friends who are going, please don't let my lemonface turn you away, I really am quite friendly.

(See how friendly this face is! It's not really, is it? Damn it.)















Anyhoo, I'll probably be scarce for the next couple of days, although I'll try to check in from time to time.

I would also like to take a moment to thank my sponsor, Dad, for making this trip possible. And Johnson and Johnson, for the amazing prize! (Although I haven't seen the money yet, so it is possible that I just went out and stimulated** the economy to the tune of $400 in clothes and such and I will never see a penny of it back.)

See you on the other side of Chicago.

*You know, because of the name. Bean. Get it?

**Ha ha, I said stimulated.

24 comments:

  1. You are going to have a blast!!!! Yay you!

    And with $400 worth of clothes you can't go wrong. You're gonna look great. Especially with that smile on your face;)

    Wish I could be there to actually get to meet you face to face. I have loved getting to know you so well through email and such. Anybody that meets you is going to love you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all gonna laugh at you!!!

    Just kidding. That's what the mother in Carrie says before she goes to the prom. You'll have a great time. Just don't tell people you're a conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally forgot to mention you in my earlier tweet today about ladies I would love to meet if I were going to BlogHer! I knew I was forgetting someone I am just dying to meet - you! OMG, I'm so very excited for you! I cannot wait to read all about your adventure in Chicago and at BlogHer! Woohoo! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! I'm excited to meet you in person and in terms of the conference itself, just excited to see what it's all about. If nothing else, I expect fantastic people watching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, I have never, ever thought of you as a priss. Of course, I don't actually know you or anything, but there's no priss in your blog. You have hundreds of pairs of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I were going I'd seek you out!

    Since I'm not, I can't wait to read about what a fabulous time you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're gonna whoop whoop it up in the windy city. Just where your Secret Deoderant and never let'em see ya sweat. I think I'm mixing commercial, but whatever. You'll love me regardless. I'm so jealous in a really sweet,
    non- catfight way. I wish I was going....that's what I'm trying to say.....snort....okay, well, take lots of pictures and don't talk about sex just to break the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you have the best time! I can't wait to hear all about it and maybe next year or some other time in the future I could get a chance to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to have so much fun this weekend and be so busy that you will have time for self-doubt.

    You rock and we know it!

    Have a drink or two, relax, do some people watching and be ready to Blog about it when you get back!

    ps... the folowers in my last post were Peonies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. crud.. I was typing too fast

    I meant to say "you will have NO time for self doubt."

    as well they are FLOWERS not folowers.

    this is what happens when i sneak online at work.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun! I'm sure it will be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope to meet you in person! Now that you've posted your pic, I'll be looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to live vicariously through you since I won't get to be there. But I will see you in November in my very schlumpy outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so jealous I could sneeze. I hope you have a terrific time. And I CAN.NOT. WAIT. to hear all about it. Tweet on your blog if you must, help a girl out.

    Woo hoo!!!!! Have so much fun. You are beautiful and fabulous and everyone will adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ok. I see your face now. Thanks for the picture. I'll be looking for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful time looking forward to hearing all about it!
    Go gettemmmm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have so much fun, Cara, so much so that you can't express it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    And I promise I won't think you're a priss in November. You will fit right in with the rest of us crazy mommy bloggers, and it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel totally disorganized about BlogHer. Maybe we can get together? If you get this in time, email me and I'll give you my # etc.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am one of those people that's sick of hearing about it only because I didn't hear about BlogHer or know there was a conference coming up until a couple weeks ago. And I was all "I'll never get a ticket on craigslist, or eBay or a woman with a blog!"

    They iz gone!

    But when this time rolls around next year?? I am going to be all over it!

    HAVE FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK JUST SAW THAT YOU POSTED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO ABOUT SOMETHING BUT COULD NOT OPEN THE PAGE SAID IT WS NOT FOUND .. i ASSUME IT'S ABOUT YOUR FIRST NIGHT AT THE CONVENTION SOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO READING ALL ABOUT IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so not a priss. Or a lemonface. I'm late catching up on posts, so I hope you've been having a great time in Chicago. I'm totally going to NYC next year, so I'd love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, by now Blogher is over... and even as insanely jealous as I am that you went and I didn't, I hope you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!