Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bathing Beauty

We had our second Mommy and Me swim class yesterday. So far Sophie has been a real trooper. She didn't cry at all during the first class and yesterday she only cried a little bit after I dunked her for the third time. She gave me "the pout" after the second dunk and I knew I was really pushing my luck with the third. But I'm a risk taker, what can I say, I had to go for lucky number three. Maybe next time she'll be okay with it. The instructor said that the hardest part for the mommies was having to watch our babies sputter and sometimes cry as they adjust to the water. Amen to that, sister. She is one of the youngest kids in the class and I was really proud at how well she took to the water. When older babies were crying, she just watched them like, "wusses." I was afraid that she would be traumatized from the first session and would be like the cats whenever I try to get them in their carriers, all four limbs spread out as we went through the door, but she was surprisingly calm. (Above photo: "Go ahead, make my day!")

And the good news is that most of the other mommies were not size 2s. I went shopping for a new swimsuit the other day and got one of those tankinis. Sounds like a yummy drink, doesn't it? First off, it was in a size that is painful to even think about, let alone say out loud. Aparna was like, "boy, don't you hope that's too big." And the answer to that is yes, and unfortunately, it wasn't. Now, I love the idea of the tankini, the coverage of a one piece with the convenience of a two piece. However, unless you have rock hard abs, which I don't...yet, the waistband pinches in and then you get the always attractive cinched in look. The tag said it was a "waist minimizer." As far as I can tell, the only part it minimized was under that one inch band of elastic. I've found that if I stick my chest out as far as it will go, it elongates my torso and somewhat eliminates this. Of course, I can't breath and I generally forget to hold it in about 10 seconds after I step away from a mirror, but I feel somewhat better about my appearance. Oh well, I'm hoping Sophie looked so cute (and doesn't she!!) that no one noticed my Un-gelina Jolie body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, baby!