Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Trip to Storyville

We celebrated Sophie's half birthday yesterday with a trip to Storyville at the library. We met Sophie's friends Lucy (8 months) and Gwen (almost 3!) there, who were of course brought by their mommy (and my friend), Chrissy. Storyville is a really great place for kids to play and be introduced to books. They also have a special area just for little babies. No surprise, there aren't many books in that area, but lots of fun things for babies to look at and touch. I should start by saying that Storyville is a pretty popular place. There was a wait to get in - a little throwback to my clubbing days. Of course the bouncer in this case was a 70 year old lady who could probably stare down a Hells Angel, but I doubt she would get far in a rumble. I was pretty sure I could take her, but I decided to be a good example for my daughter and wait my turn. (I love this picture because Sophie has a "caught in the act" look about her.)

Sophie spent most of the time watching the other kids run around, kicking her little legs and waving her arms around like she wanted to play with them. I think it was a really good experience for her to see other kids playing. That's one of my big worries staying home with her is that she won't be as socialized as kids who go to day care. I do try to get her in situations with other babies regularly, but I'm not sure it's the same as spending all day with them. (That's Lucy showing off her legs.)

At any rate, it was a good time and we'll definitely be going back to Storyville.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, baby!