Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hillbilly Bean

We've had a couple of major developments in the Land of Bean in the last few days. First off, her third tooth has finally come through. And because my girl refuses to be one of those sheep who grows their teeth in the normal order, it is not one of the expected front two. No, it is her left side incisor. I know I should just be happy that she's getting another tooth, but I have a bit of an OCD thing for symmetry and having this tooth off to the side bothers me. I keep looking at where the middle two will be and thinking, "please come out!" because then she won't look quite so hillbilly. When she smiled with just the two bottom teeth, it was so cute, but now she's going to look like Granny Clampett.

The next big development is that she is beginning to understand that when I put a spoonful of something up to her mouth, that it is okay to let me put the spoon in her mouth. She won't close her mouth around the spoon, though, so I have to sort of scrape the food off on her gums. Clearly she's doesn't quite get the mechanics of this style of food delivery yet, but it's another step in the right direction. We tried peas today and they were not a big success. Although I don't like peas normally, I was so pleasantly surprised by the tastiness of the sweet potatoes that I figured these might turn out to be good, too. Wrong again. They were just as yucky as I expected them to be. No wonder she didn't respond very well to them. I'm going to finally follow everyone's advice and get her some fruit. If nothing else, I'm fairly certain that when I have to show her how, that at least I will like eating them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, baby!