Saturday, March 15, 2008

Running Underwater














I went to the Mom's Group at GBMC yesterday and for the first time felt like one of the not crazy ones. The group is sort of divided into two sets: the ones who are still figuring things out and look and feel completely frazzled and the ones who have survived this stage and can now
offer advice and promises of better times to come.

Up until fairly recently, I felt like I was trying to run underwater. I just seemed to be making no progress at all. At some point in the last month, though, we turned a corner. Sophie has started to be a kid rather than a crying, puking, peeing, pooping lump and I finally feel like we're going to be okay.

She was 5 months old yesterday. I know I've said it before, but the time really does seem to be flying. I swear I love her a little more every day. Sometimes I feel like I could burst from it. I love hugging her little body, kissing her chubby cheeks and seeing that smile. It's so overwhelming sometimes. I can't even begin to think how I'll feel in a couple of years or further out.









As promised, the top reasons my husband is the best:
1. He always opens car doors for me.

2. He lets me sleep in on weekends while he watches Sophie.

3. He gives me the remote when we watch TV. (Believe it, ladies!)

4. He makes sure to kiss me every night before we go to sleep and every morning before he leaves for work.

5. He calls me every day on his way home from work to see if I need him to pick anything up.

6. He actually went through his pant collection to find ones that I could wear when I was crying because none of mine fit.

7. He never mentions the really yucky stuff that happened when Sophie was born.

8. He loves my cat even though she can be one tough customer. (And that's not a euphemism.)

9. He writes me love letters. (All right, they're love E-mails, but that still counts.)

And most importantly,

10. He makes me laugh EVERY single day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, baby!