Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Move Over Miss Cleo

Now I don't want to say I'm psychic, but recent events lead me to believe that I may be the possessor of some extra special abilities. Exhibit A: Yesterday I had a dream that Sophie would get more teeth and that they would be quite unattractive. Today while we're at swim class she was especially irritable (which was disappointing to me because I thought she was starting to enjoy it, or if not enjoy, then not hate), and I happened to look in her mouth and her left front tooth is starting to come through in a most raw and unpleasant looking way. Freaky, right? Exhibit B: I had a premonition that she would be very cranky but would be mollified by nursing and a good, long nap. And that ALSO came to pass. Do you have goosebumps yet? Because it gets weirder. Exhibit C: Finally, I had a premonition that once I got done with the chores I try to squeeze into those precious minutes/hours while she is asleep, I would attempt to take a nap and she would wake up the very minute I dozed off. And would you believe, that is EXACTLY what happened.

I'm considering putting a sign on the front lawn advertising my services.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. And don't you love how it always happens the moment you get cozy and snuggle in for a nap they wake up. And you just lay there for a second thinking, "are you serious right now??" Oh man. That's the best.

    Can you predict whether or not I will get one night all to myself, no hubby and no kids, just me and my computer for one night. It's been so long since we've been alone together...

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!