Thursday, September 3, 2009

Croquet Anyone?

So yeah. We're home. Lots of tales to tell. Not the least of which is why my daughter was playing croquet. In clothes that are at least a size too big. Wearing her new "cheese!" smile.






















But all that will have to wait. I've got to unpack, go to the grocery store, find the puke I am quite confident the cat left for me as a welcome home present, hit the gym to begin the recovery from eating as though there were no tomorrow for the last five days and tidy up the house which we left in a complete disaster. (Not that it's ever far from that state anyways, but it's always shocking to come home to it after an absence.)

Neil's yelling at me now, so I've gotta run, but I'll be back for realz tomorrow. Kisses.

12 comments:

  1. It is always a tornado walking in the door from a trip. I don't envy you at all.

    So get to it!! Get that laundry going, and that butt to the gym...but then come see us, kay?? We have miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you. I've been known to leave my suitcase packed and in the middle of the bedroom for up to a month when I get back from a trip. FYI, we're doing a staycation next week, including a day trip to the Baltimore aquarium. Think you might be up for some hanging out with the fishies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back! it always takes me several days to recover from a vacation. I'm seriously unpacking and cleaning up at least three days. Can't wait to hear of your adventures when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are back safe.

    I always leave the house in such a mess when we go away that when I come home, I often wonder if someone hasn't broken in. I would never be able to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home! Welcome back! Sophie looks older somehow, lol. Maybe a new haircut or something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love croquet!!! Bring Sophie and come on over and we'll play. She and Gabe could probably beat the pants off of us ole mommies...

    Glad you made it safely back in one piece. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie is so cute no matter what she is wearing. Hope your mom is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been missing you. Glad you're back. I love thos cheese grins. Her's is especially cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hers....is that supposed to have an apostrophe???? I can't remember. I'm fanatical about good punctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's looking so grown up these days.
    Welcome home, and hoping there's no puke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our kitties always leave us gifts when we go out of town, too. We are making Lizzy come and stay at our house when we go to Disney...maybe they won't be so traumatized.

    And Sophie's picture - unbelievably cute! I love that grin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The "Cheese" smile phase is a crazy thing. On the one hand, you're pleased they want to smile for pictures. On the other hand, they're "cheese" smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!