Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm a Loser (I hope!)

(warning: foul language ahead)

It's no secret that I've been struggling with my weight. I gained 50 pounds with Sophie and I don't care to say how much of that I still have yet to lose. After TWO YEARS. I've been working out for quite a while now, but the pounds are just not coming off. Probably has something to do with the fact that while I work out 4-5 times a week, I EAT like 300 times a week.

So since I haven't been so good about monitoring myself, I've decided to take part in the Biggest Loser Moms Fuck All Y'all Edition. Basically, the contest goes from January 10th through April 10th and the person who loses the greatest percentage of their body weight wins.

See, I was going to give myself a challenge. Announce that I would post a picture of myself* in a swimsuit on June 1st. Hoping that this would give me the motivation to get my stuff together. I may still do that, if things go well. No promises, though.

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to approach this venture. Exercise will continue to be a part of my routine, but obviously I need to take control of my eating. Less soda, smaller portions, smarter snacks. It's not going to be fun, but it has to happen.

So get ready. You're going to be seeing a lot less of my ass in the future.

*A one piece. And I reserve the right to photoshop.

17 comments:

  1. I agreed to run a 5K with my best friend.

    Um...you KNOW me. You've seen me in person. I have a whole dang lot of weight to lose before this fat ass pounds any public pavement.

    I join you in this endeavor. Eff all y'all.
    (as I eat a breadstick at 11:35 pm. Vicious cycle.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. eah, you've seen me. It would take a whole lot more than 50 lbs to put it out there for everyone to see. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interval training, less carbs, diet soda or crystal lite.

    Don't torture yourself or you will quit.

    My sister who is a Trainer and a physicians asst. who works with people with weight problems always says to me: way less carbs. Smaller portions, no regular soda or juice. That's the basic premise behind weight loss and of course exercise but not everyday. You need time to let your muscles "heal".

    You can do this

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is fantastic!

    Go for it!

    You will feel SO GOOD about yourself afterwards:)

    Can't wait to see that swimsuit pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My top piece of advice: count calories. You can round to the 100s and it won’t be an awful drag I promise.

    My second piece of advice is.....Salad dressing, mayo, veg. oil and butter/ margarine are all so full of calories.....just cut them out of your diet. And if you can’t, just keep in mind that every spoonful is 100 calories!! Or the same as 23 M&Ms!!

    You can do it, I know you can. I am an expert at this stuff, so if you want any help just let me know.

    Hugs and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read their challenge and I'm intrigued. But my lack of willpower is pretty strong.

    You already have the exercising down and just need to work on the eating part. It won't be easy but I know you can do it!Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... you are brave, very brave!!! Good Luck to you!!! So many of us are trying to lose weight right now, just know you have LOTS of support!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so many things to say on this topic, we'll discuss in a bit at the library...

    ReplyDelete
  9. nobody is a loser, please stop calling yourself names,
    losing weight is like a project, it takes time, dedication, and long time persistence.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can do it, Carabee! Writing down everything I eat has helped me in the past . . . as has eating less and counting weight watcher points.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cara, I'm sooooo proud of you! Good Luck! I cannot wait to see the wonderful updates you post on your success! You can do it! You rock!

    I heard somewhere (maybe the biggest loser which I'm actually watching right this minute) that most hunger is not actually hunger, but thirst.

    Drink water before eating and it may help. That's all I can offer except a big ol GOOD LUCK and I KNOW you can realize this goal!

    I'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm rooting for you girl!

    Try to get out and do something every day. I know it's cold...but bundle the little one up in a stroller and go for a walk.

    Starting is the toughest part:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to lose weight (well, I'm honestly fine with my weight, but I need to firm up... stop being so damn jiggly)

    but my lack of follow-through is my downfall. I'll exercise and cut back on my beloved Coke... for all of 3 days.

    Maybe a monetary prize would be a better incentive for me...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh heh! You're so funny. I got some baby weight around my middle six months later, and it's tough. I'm currently trying the Flat Belly Diet. Good for you for working out.

    So, a monokini? You're really brave.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm giggling at your asterisk :) But I am absolutely cheering for you here!

    I gained almost the same amount of weight as you did with with my first pregnancy.

    You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can do it! And I'm going to be asking how your progress is going. We need to motivate each other!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!