Saturday, June 14, 2008

She's a Sitter!

Another month has passed and you know what I want to say. She has made some pretty incredible developmental leaps this month. I don't want to brag but (that's what this blog is all about, so...) she is one heck of a sitter. It should be said up front that she comes from a long line of folks with a distinct capacity for using their posteriors. Knowing this, there was some pressure on the little bean to be at least proficient. I was a little concerned at first, because she seemed to have very little interest in sitting. All she ever wanted to do was stand, stand, stand. Its the same old story, kids HAVE to be different than their parents. She fought it, and indeed fights it still, often toppling over just to spite me and my old fashioned sitting ideals. But in the end, the genes win out and I'm proud to say she's a sitter (one lone tear runs down my cheek).



As usual, we had fun with her monthly photo. Like I don't take pictures of her EVERY SINGLE DAY. I couldn't get her to sit still long enough to take that one perfect picture, so this month is going to be a slide show. And I'm pretty sure I'm breaking copyright laws or something by putting the music in, but I couldn't help myself. I mean, seriously, who doesn't love the Muppets? I plan to introduce my girl to them as soon as I think she's ready. Which may be this afternoon, now that I think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Sitting is always a good time. I personally cannot get enough of the activity. Congratulations to the bean!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, baby!